A transcript is the most important academic record of what a student has accomplished throughout high school. It is a comprehensive record of a student's academic progress, grades, and credits earned. Transcripts are typically required by colleges and universities, as well as employers.
Types of Transcripts
- Official Transcript: An official transcript is one that is received directly from the issuing institution. It includes the school seal and signature of the registrar or designee and is placed into a sealed envelope.
- Unofficial Transcript: An unofficial transcript is primarily for the student's records and does not include the school seal or designated signature.
MHS cannot release official transcripts unless all financial obligations to the school have been satisfied. You may call the school registrar at 386-447-1575 x8122, or visit the school in person, to make arrangements to clear any debts before ordering your transcript.
Transcript requests must be made in writing by the student. This may be accomplished by:
- Visiting the school with a current photo ID.
- Mailing a letter or the Transcript Request Form with your signature, date of birth, the last four digits of your social security number, and the correct name and address to which you wish the document sent.
- Matanzas High School will not accept faxed or emailed requests.
If you designate someone other than yourself to pick up your transcript you must include the person's full name in your original request. They must bring a current photo ID when they come to pick up the transcript.
A payment of $5.00 cash or money order for each transcript must accompany each request if you are not a current-year graduate.
Matanzas High School
3535 Old Kings Road North
Palm Coast, FL 32137
Attention: Registrar's Office