Flagler Schools Approved Graduation Regalia
Commencement Ceremony Dress Code
- Students are NOT permitted to decorate their graduation caps. Any student who arrives to commencement with a decorated cap will forfeit the right to wear that cap and be issued a plain one to wear at the ceremony.
- There are no color restrictions. Please wear a clean and appropriate outfit. Please plan to wear a button-up dress shirt or blouse, dress pants or a skirt, a dress or a pants suit, tie or a bowtie, dress shoes (no sneakers or flip flops). Heels are not required.
- The graduation gown must be completely zipped at all times.
- Senate Bill 292 allows for members of the United States Armed Forces to wear their dress uniform to their graduation ceremony.
- School-Issued Medals
- Honors Medals: Cum Laude, Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude
- FHSAA State Medals
- Daytona Beach News-Journal Medallion of Excellence Medal
As determined by the school:
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- Cambridge Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE) Diploma
- Daytona State College: AA Honors or AA High Honors
- Military: Any branch of service
Students must be a part of the club or organization (state/nationally affiliated) for two school years (does not have to be consecutive) and in good standing, including meeting minimum volunteer hours as established by each organization. The following organizations have cords:
- Active Military Service Commitment (VFW)
- Band and Chorus
- Ebony Multicultural Society
- Future Problem Solvers
- Interact Club
- Key Club
- Leo Club
- Mu Alpha Theta
- National Honor Society
- National Honor Society for Dance Arts
- National Technical Honor Society
- Red Cross
- 4-H/Robotics Club
- Student Government Association